Sunday 21 April 2013

Welcome

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. My name is Chris, I live in Central Victoria in a town between Castlemaine and Daylesford and at the time of writing I am the only Thermomix consultant in the whole area. Actually that is not quite true, I only started training last week so in two weeks I will be the only consultant, right now there are none.

In this blog I plan to focus on Thermomix tips, tricks and recipes as well as keeping you informed of any local classes or events being offered. To start with I may need to stretch the definition of "local" to Macedon or Bendigo but I hope as more people in the area become interested we can offer classes in the Mt Alexander and Hepburn shires.

So what is a Thermomix? It is simply the smallest, smartest kitchen you could have. It is one machine which does the work of ten kitchen appliances. In no particular order I use it to: grind wheat, knead dough, mash potatoes, crush ice, churn butter, make sorbets, make jam, preserve fruits and vegetables, steam fish, make liquid stock and stock concentrate, chop salads and make dumplings from scratch (all the way from mixing the dough to cooking the stuffing and steaming the dumplings.) I can prepare a risotto in less than 5 minutes, press a few buttons and just walk away for the 20 minutes it takes to cook as the machine stirs itself. I've heard of other people using it to make their own bath and beauty products and cleaners, but so far I've not ventured out of the kitchen with mine. It's also great for those on a raw food diet as on it's lowest heat setting it will not exceed 37 degrees, or it can be used with no heat at all to make yummy salads and dips.

As well as keeping you updated on Thermomix events in the local area I plan to focus on recipes to help you cook in-season food from scratch and save money while not sacrificing taste or health. "Budget" is my watch word. I am currently a stay at home mum with one small child and another on the way. I love my life and lifestyle, but in order to make it work we need to watch our food spending. I also love having a bit of money left over at the end of the month to splurge at the Farmer's Market in Castlemaine. The Thermomix means that, for example, instead of spending $12 on two loaves of bread for the week I can make them for roughly 0.85c each using really nice flour, oil and seeds and have the extra $10.30 to spend on goats' cheese or something else indulgent.

If you would like to see the Thermomix in action I would love to bring mine around to your place and give you a demo. No pressure to buy, you simply need to have at least two friends from different households present (the ideal number of people including you is 4-6) and provide a few basic ingredients you probably already have in your fridge or could easily get from the supermarket for less than $15, I will do the rest! You can see for yourself what the machine does while tasting the results and having a nice afternoon with friends.

I will be qualified to hold demonstrations from the beginning of May and would love to get started straight away! If you would like more information or feel a demo is for you please contact me at castlemainedaylesfordthermomix(AT)gmail(DOT)com


No comments:

Post a Comment